The skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. The skin protects us from microbes and the elements, helps regulate body temperature, and permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold (Ref.).
Before people were not really that cautious of skin care and usually as they age then do they realize the importance of caring for their skin.
Nowadays, you would see in the market a lot of beauty products from television ads, print ads, billboards, online shopping and in-store promotions. A lot of people are now concern of skin care maybe because of the changing times, climate change, pollutants, life style and a lot more which may have contribute to skin care.
During my teens, I had skin problems especially with pimples and acne. I felt so insecure because I tried a lot of skin care products it was a trial and error. My skin suffered in a way that it left scars on my face. Then, I found certain products which suited my skin type and helped me gaining my confidence and look better.
My MORNING Routine:
- Cleansing my face with facial scrub since I have oily skin and prone to pimples pat it dry.
- Use a facial cleanser to remove excess dirt and oil from my skin. Let it dry and put on some Aloe Vera soothing gel it gives a cooling effect on my skin.
- Put on some moisturizer with sun screen protection let it dry lastly, put on some make-up. For me, I just use cheek tint or clay tint, liquid eyeliner and lipstick and I am not used to heavy make-up I feel uncomfortable.
My EVENING Routine:
- Prior to cleansing my skin I usually rest for 15 to 30 minutes after which, I Cleanse my face with Kojic Soap this helps remove dark marks on my face and then Facial Foam a milder way of cleansing my skin pat it dry.
- I would use a facial cleanser to remove excess dirt and oil from my skin, let it dry and put on some Aloe Vera soothing gel it gives a cooling effect on my skin.
- I put on an evening anti-aging cream with moisturizer this would help maintain youthful skin, well delays the aging process.
In addition to those skin care routines, one should sleep at least 8 hours a day as much as possible don’t sleep late, Eat healthy food fruits and vegetables, Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day and live a healthy life style.
Each of us has our way of caring for our skin some may have it simple and some may have it a more complex way. The important thing is we should not neglect our Skin.